DICTY Archives

March 2009, Week 2

From:
Harry MacWilliams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:02:01 +0100
Dear Jessica, dear Muatasem,

You can save harvesting the developing structures (and the consequent
damage and losses) by developing your cells on nucleopore filters.
Unlike nitrocellulose, polycarbonate filters survive alchohol fixation and
the slugs, etc remain firmly attached.  You can then carry out the entire
in situ procedure, including the hybridization and the color reactions, in
a 12- or 24 well plate, with excellent visibility at all steps.  The plate
also makes it easier to keep track of multiple samples.

happy staining!

Harry MacWilliams

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Jessica Sazama wrote:

> I'm getting ready to start whole-mount in situ hybridization (following
> Escalante & Loomis protocol). What's the best way to collect the
> structures from filters?  Also, are test tubes the best vessels to use for
> washing and hybridization?
> Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated!
> Thanks
> Jessica

----------------------------

Prof. Harry K. MacWilliams
Biologiezentrum der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Grosshadenerstrasse 2
82152 Planegg-Martinsried
GERMANY

tel (office) +89 2180 74 288