DICTY Archives

April 2011, Week 2

From:
Marcus Fechheimer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:49:25 +0000
Dear Cynthia,

I developed a method for lysis by decavitation of nitrogen in a Parr bomb back when I was a post-doc.
This was more efficient and amenable to scale up than the dounce homogenizers that the lab was using.
An additional advantage is that you don't need to use detergent for lysis which can cause problems if internal organelles are also disrupted.  It is well described in Methods in Enzymology 196, 84 - 91 (1991).

Good luck.

regards, marcus