DICTY Archives

October 2014, Week 2

From:
Richard Gomer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2014 17:06:52 +0000
Hi Steve-
We use Bethyl, and are very happy with the antibodies, you can either send antigen or just send the amino acid sequence. They pick out a few antigenic peptide sequences and send them to you, you then blast these looking for other proteins with similar sequences, and choose one or two peptide sequences that are basically unique to your protein.  They then make the anti-peptide antibodies and affinity purify them against the peptide.  We generally get a single band on Westerns, nice immunofluorescence, and no staining on Westerns or immunofluorescence with the knockout strain.....
cheers
Richard Gomer