NETG Archives

October 2019, Week 4

NETG@LISTSERV.IT.NORTHWESTERN.EDU

From:
Brendan Badia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2019 12:02:03 -0500
Hi all. NETG will be hosting a behind-the-scenes tour of LanzaTech's headquarters in nearby Skokie, IL. The field trip will be Monday, November 18, 2:00-4:30pm, and will include a lab tour and panel discussions with engineers and business developers. We have limited spaces available so we will be raffling spaces off. Please fill out the following form if you want to be entered:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forms.gle_NzGn6ZS49uteJ62C8&d=DwIFaQ&c=yHlS04HhBraes5BQ9ueu5zKhE7rtNXt_d012z2PA6ws&r=AwhWYyo5sOOUvz4a7qc0bLsbXn-dURzbengPZZQve0qHSVo4h50AP89I4iHAgNyT&m=PESeB8QTWfqwQ7pjty56oszBK6_Mxgj_eLIlc2_AlmQ&s=7c7q1qF_1u_A6hjlc_mOnDkqdxnvelLmBU_TNDd7On4&e=

Please only enter if you are able to make it then. We will announce the winners this Friday and discuss logistics with them. Some of NETG's board with be taking the L and any raffle winners are welcome to join us, but you are also welcome find your own way there.

Some information on LanzaTech:

"LanzaTech is turning our global carbon crisis into a feedstock opportunity with the potential to displace 30% of crude oil use today and reduce global CO2 emissions by 10%. By recycling carbon from industrial off-gases; syngas generated from any biomass resource (e.g. municipal solid waste (MSW), organic industrial waste, agricultural waste); and reformed biogas, LanzaTech can reduce emissions and make new products for a circular carbon economy.

LanzaTech’s carbon recycling technology is like retrofitting a brewery onto an emission source like a steel mill or a landfill site, but instead of using sugars and yeast to make beer, pollution is converted by bacteria to fuels and chemicals! Imagine a day when your plane is powered by recycled GHG emissions, when your yoga pants started life as pollution from a steel mill. This future is possible using LanzaTech technology."

Thanks!
Brendan