Hello Medical Funnel participants,

I’m working with librarians Deborah Thomas and Allison Bailund on a few new proposals for LCSH relating to body positivity and fat acceptance. Fat-acceptance movement is an existing LCSH; so is Discrimination against overweight persons, which Deborah suggests changing to Fatphobia. We very much welcome your comments in the working document!

A heads up that we’re speaking MARC in the document (sorry), but hopefully it’s clear enough what the general idea is. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions/comments.

Thanks,

Violet

Violet B. Fox
Cataloging and Metadata Librarian
Northwestern University
Feinberg School of Medicine
Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center

Access the MEDICALFUNNEL Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the MEDICALFUNNEL List