Hi,

Last year one of my colleagues submitted a change request for the MeSH, Abortion, Criminal.  She had requested that the descriptor be switched from Abortion, Criminal to Abortion, Illegal.  This request has been delayed.

It was suggested at a meeting earlier today that having someone from the PCC Medical Funnel submit a similar request would help make the case for this change.  Would anyone be willing to do this?  I would be available to work on it with someone.  The work would need to be done within the next month so it could be accepted for 2025 MeSH.  Feel free to contact me directly or respond to the list.  Or perhaps we can discuss this at next week's meeting.

We also will be changing the classification label at W 867 from Criminal abortion to Illegal abortion.  That can be done in my department, but the MeSH work goes through a long review process at NLM.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Lilker

National Library of Medicine

Access the MEDICALFUNNEL Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the MEDICALFUNNEL List