Please ignore previous message:

Dear Department Administrator,

Firstly, please see below for information regarding our J-1 Forms Update Webinar. We hope you can make it tomorrow, if not we will be recording and distributing the webinar.

Name:

J-1 Forms Update Training Webinar

During this webinar, the International Office staff will review updates to our J-1 forms and answer any questions.

Start Time:

02/15/2013 12:00 PM

Duration:

01:00

http://northwesternuniversity.adobeconnect.com/j1forms/

Secondly, as you know, we are currently transitioning from Immigration Tracker to Law Logix for our H-1B processing.  For your information, all of our current H-1B scholars have already been added to LawLogix and we will be using LawLogix to gather information from our department contacts (i.e. Intake Questionnaire), as well as our H-1B beneficiaries (i.e. Scholar Questionnaire). In the future we will introduce additional functionalities in the system but for now this is our main focus.

We have updated our H-1B Department Checklist<http://www.northwestern.edu/international/forms/h1b_dept/H-1B_Department_Checklist.pdf>, H-1B Beneficiary Checklist<http://www.northwestern.edu/international/forms/h1b_scholar/H-1B_Beneficiary_Checklist.pdf> as well as the Applying for an H-1B<http://www.northwestern.edu/international/scholar/departments/h1b.html#Dept%20Info%20for%20Applying> section on our website. Please be sure to refresh your browser to see the most up-to-date information.

We ask that you no longer submit intakes in Immigration Tracker and move forward using our new system - Law Logix. You will receive a welcome email from Law Logix shortly.  This will include your login information and a temporary password.  Please log in and update your user name and password.

Please note the new website and mark it for future use: https://ww8.welcomeclient.com/ (note ww8 NOT www). Upon logging in, on the homepage, you will see two links:

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE0AB3.7F0E2420]

Request New Case for NEW employee should be used for Change of Status, Overseas and Change of Employer cases. Once you click on NEW employee you will be immediately taken to a new screen with a short intake questionnaire. Under the field "IO Advisor" please find the assigned IO advisor's name and then continue to fill out the information and click 'Create Request' on the top right.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CE0AB3.7F0E2420]

Request New Case for EXISITING employee should be used for Extension and Amendment cases. Once you click EXISTING employee you will be taken to a search screen.

[cid:image003.jpg@01CE0AB3.7F0E2420]

Please search for the scholars name and once you are on this person's page you will be able to see their current information.  To start a new case for this person, please click Request New Case for Current Employee at the top.

[cid:image004.jpg@01CE0AB3.7F0E2420]

You will then be brought to a new screen with a short intake questionnaire. Under the field "IO Advisor" please find your assigned IO Advisor's name and then continue to fill out the information and click 'Create Request' on the top right.

[cid:image005.jpg@01CE0AB3.7F0E2420]

Thank you for your patience as we transition between systems.  We welcome your feedback and questions.  Additionally, we will be holding a webinar about the transition to Law Logix on Tuesday, February 26th at 3pm; more details to follow.

Best,
Coryn

Coryn Shiflet | Coordinator
The International Office<http://www.northwestern.edu/international/> | Northwestern University<http://www.northwestern.edu/>
847.491.2599 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>