Dear Faculty – I HIGHLY recommend that you consider attending one of these presentations tomorrow or sending someone from your laboratory. I will be providing an overview of alternatives to standard service contracts that are aimed at helping you find ways to cut expenses. I will be joined by Ellen Barnes (University Services) and Earl Bednar (SU Group) who will describe some cost-saving programs available to all NU faculty. I hope that you will attend. Phil Hockberger, Director of Core Facilities, Office for Research

From: Leah Seiffert <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:39 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Core Facilities Workshop TOMORROW: Tired of Paying Expensive Service Contracts?

Core Facilities Workshop: Tired of Paying Expensive Service Contracts?

Please join us for a workshop sponsored by the Office for Research and University Services.

We will be discussing several alternatives to standard service contracts including: self-insurance, third-party providers and in-house service.

A representative of Specialty Underwriters LLC, Northwestern University's preferred third-party provider, will describe examples of existing coverage at Northwestern University and answer any questions you might have.

Please note: The options listed above satisfy OMB A-21 regulations as alternatives to standard service contracts.

**Light refreshments will be provided.

Chicago campus

Friday, March 22nd

9:00 am – 10:00 am

Lurie Building, Searle Seminar Room (1-161)

Evanston campus

Friday, March 22nd

2:00 pm – 3:00 pm

Ford ITW Auditorium, 1.350 Ford Design Center