On May 6th the Small Animal MR Imaging Laboratory division of the Center for Translational Imaging (CTI) (http://www.cti.northwestern.edu/sa) will temporarily be equipped with a preclinical microPET system for radionuclide imaging of in vivo metabolism in mice.  The microPET system will be situated in the basement of the Olson/McGaw Pavilion within current CTI space (downtown Chicago NU campus across from the FSM Lurie Building) and will be directly accessible for animal transport from the Lurie CCM vivarium.

The system will be available to any NU researcher with an animal model (mouse) project that would benefit from the use of this nuclear imaging modality. This is in addition to our current permanent imaging resources, including our existing high field (7T) small animal MRI system - http://www.cti.northwestern.edu/.

No charges for scanning will be assessed to users during this trial period. Details about the instrument can be found on the company website (http://sofiebio.com/).

The mouse microPET system can be used for preliminary studies in neurological, cardiological and oncological applications, among others.  All experiments will be conducted with the assistance of CTI staff, with the help of the company's application scientist.

If interested in acquiring preliminary data, please contact Daniel Procissi ([log in to unmask]) for scientific details, scheduling and logistics.

Best regards,

Leah Seiffert
Administrative Assistant 4
Office for Research, Core Facilities