COREFACTS Archives

November 2012

COREFACTS@LISTSERV.IT.NORTHWESTERN.EDU

From:
Teng Leong Chew <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teng Leong Chew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 17:28:45 +0000
Dear all,

The Cell Imaging Facility is glad to announce a special seminar
that features Olympus LV200 Bioluminescence Microscope. This
instrument is particularly useful for those who work with cells
expressing luciferase-tagged proteins. Unlike the IVIS system
which acquires images of whole animals, the LV200 is indeed a
microscope for cellular work. Related applications include:

1. Do my cells express bioluminescence before I inject
them into mice?

2. How do my bioluminescent cells behave in vitro?
It would save me time to not have to make a fluorescent
version.

3. How bright are my cells, and what is the smallest
tumor size I can see if I know the tissue depth and
the luminosity of my cells?

The system will be under demo here 12/4 - 12/6. I urge you to
attend the short seminar and register with Julie Ives (see
attached flyer) to test your cells.

December 4 (Tue)
2pm
Baldwin Auditorium

See you there!

Regards,
Leong

--
Teng-Leong Chew, PhD

Director, Cell Imaging Facility & Nikon Imaging Center
Northwestern University
312-503-2841