MSHE-STUDENTS Archives

August 2014

MSHE-STUDENTS@LISTSERV.IT.NORTHWESTERN.EDU

From:
Lois C Trautvetter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lois C Trautvetter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 22:21:07 +0000
FYI:

Subject: Volunteer for Move-in Day & Wildcat Welcome!

Hello Campus Partners!

I apologize if you receive this e-mail more than once- it just means you are extremely important to us! As you may know, Wildcat Welcome 2014 will start in less than 1 month. We hope you are as thrilled as we are to welcome our new students to the Wildcat Family!

I am writing to encourage everyone to volunteer to assist with Move-in Day on September 15 or with other aspects of Wildcat Welcome throughout the week.  The volunteer registration deadline is Friday, September 5. Just like last year, the Division of Student Affairs staff is required to volunteer for at least one 3-hour time slot on move-in day. This year, you get to select the time and location that works best for you- the sooner you sign up, the more options available to you!  Everyone should feel free to sign up for more than one slot if your office can spare you.
Once again, we are using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.
Signing up for Wildcat Welcome 2014 Volunteer Opportunities can be accomplished in 3 easy steps:
   1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/7Yov8T
   2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
   3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Andrea Farnan at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and she will sign you up manually.
All volunteers are asked to attend a volunteer training on either Tuesday September 9 from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm in Searle Hall 3.220 (Health Center) or Wednesday, September 10 from 11:00 am - Noon in Searle Hall 3.220. Once you click the SAVE button on the registration form, you will be asked to provide additional information including which volunteer meeting you will attend as well as your shirt size. We ask that you wear your volunteer shirt when you are volunteering on move-in day and throughout the week. If you have any questions about the volunteer positions or how to use VolunteerSpot, please contact Andrea Farnan.
We plan to release the Wildcat Welcome schedule to everyone included in this e-mail soon and encourage you and your staff to attend as many events as you would like throughout the week. We especially want you to come cheer on the new students as they March through the Archthe morning of Tuesday, September 16. We want to show our new students that we are excited for them to be here and that we fully support them in their transition to the University.
We look forward to seeing you at a Wildcat Welcome Volunteer Meeting if you choose to sign up. Please know that we greatly appreciate your assistance during this busy yet magical time. We look forward to working with you!

Best Regards & Go ‘Cats!

Patti

Patricia F. Hilkert
Director